50TH birthday is one of the most important milestones and is the chance for a person to have a look at their previous timeline. Choosing a proper present for a friend, a family member or a colleague in this occasion is very difficult. For each relationship, we have another kind of present that we need to choose, maybe go somewhere with friends, or go online, look for some record player reviews and purchase one, or just a huge birthday cake to celebrate. So let’s see if you can get any useful information from this post or not. I’m sure this will not waste your time if you need to choose a gift for somebody at the age of 50.
- For a family member
In 50th birthday of a family member, you can think of a handmade gift to celebrate the whole half century. You can ask the whole family to gather photos, pictures, news, old tickets and postcards. Use these unforgettable memories to make some simple and lovely souvenir. It surely will recall many forgotten memories and bring joy to your birthday party. You can host a party with his or her favorite themes.
- For your friends
With a friend that is going to be 50, bypass the souvenirs because they will be covered with dust in this age. Instead, having a dinner together, watching a play or taking part in some activities that your friend loves. Never buy him/her the only ticket because he/she would never want to go to public places alone. Considering going with him/her or if he has his wife/husband, think of the other ticket. As usual, people don’t want to spend too much money on those luxury activities; however, to bring the chance to enjoy life in this age, spending a little bit more money is essential.
- For your colleague
When purchasing something for your co – worker that turns to 50 this year, make sure that you don’t insult him or her or spending too much on the gifts. The best birthday present for a 50 – year – old colleague can be flowers, candies or some cheap jewelry such as necklace, brace lace or a unique cufflinks. Besides, you can find out what are their hobbies and take advantage of those. For example, if your colleague likes knitting, buy a book about it or pay 3 month fees for their favorite magazine with a postcard with your best wishes and health.
- Some suggestions for your gift choice
- A warm coat or a pair of warm woolen shocks.
- A set of clothes with a pair of jogging shoes.
- If the person has a pet like a dog or a cat, purchase a box of pet food or some toys for their pet.
- Pay their monthly bills, 1 or 2 month for the electricity bill, telephone, gas, water for the receiver and let him or her know that there would be some more for him or her to spend for his or her favorite.
- A mobile phone or a text messenger as a gift could be a nice choice because it’s a reality gift.
- Some calling cards for the elder.
- Not every elder person can drive so if it’s possible; give them a bus monthly ticket or pre-paid taxi ticket.
- A big calendar with family’s birthdays and anniversaries.
- Some albums with family photos.
- Notes and phonebooks with large font
- A magnifier to read books or maps
- Because medicines are very essentials for elder people but the price is not cheap at all, you can give them some medicine discount tickets from drugstores near their house (trust me, they would be deeply appreciate you for this)
- Buy some food or recipe books if you want to give present for a cook lover.
Loneliness is one of the heaviest burdens that elders have to withstand when they begin to retire from work. Maybe the best gift to them is somebody remembering them every day and visits them regularly. That would be the best gift to elder not just a single gift when they are 50. If you need something more special, visit our store and maybe we can find something that can make the 50th birthday unforgettable!